The administration says the US is facing as many as 240,000 deaths. Bad numbers to watch for from Indiana and Louisiana. Shocking stories from a US aircraft carrier and about Pentagon supplies that have nowhere to go. Why is COVID-19 so lethal for seniors? Why does Mexico have so few cases, at least thus far? And increasing questions about the true number of deaths in China.
- TalkSpace.com, enter code: "briefing" for $100 off your first month
- Stamps.com, enter code: "briefing"
- Coronavirus: Walmart will start taking employees' temperatures (CNBC)
- CA not testing enough (Kim Mai-Cutler, Twitter)
- Italy, Spain, and France peak graphs (Noah Smith, Twitter)
- Captain of Aircraft Carrier Pleads for Help as Virus Cases Increase Onboard (NY Times)
- Pentagon says it still hasn't sent ventilators because it hasn't been told where to send them (CNN)
- Restrictions Are Slowing Coronavirus Infections, New Data Suggest (NY Times)
- What explains Covid-19's lethality for the elderly? (Stat)
- Coronavirus on the border: Why Mexico has so few cases compared with the U.S. (Washington Post)
- Estimates Show Wuhan Death Toll Far Higher Than Official Figure (Radio Free Asia)