Apple makes nice with repair shops (and saves the date for the iPhone launch next month), an undersea cable mostly already built could be axed cause… China stuff, YouTube says it’s made progress on cleaning up its algorithm, and a machine learning betting company that says it can make sports betting a no-lose proposition.
- Apple is allowing independent repair shops to officially service iPhones (9to5Mac)
- Indictment says accused Capital One hacker also used exploited cloud servers for cryptojacking (GeekWire)
- National Security Concerns Threaten Undersea Data Link Backed by Google, Facebook (WSJ)
- YouTube to adjust UK algorithm to cut false and extremist content (The Guardian)
- Former MLB Pitcher’s DC Startup Lands $23M for Sports Betting Platform (DCInno)
- Inkitt raises $16M led by Kleiner Perkins to publish crowdsourced novels in 'mini-episodes' (TechCrunch)
- Netflix ships milestone 5 billionth disc (CNET)