The EU Parliament approves the “link tax” and the “upload filter.” Uber acquires Careem, McDonald’s makes a tech acquisition, and a wrap-up of the hot-takes from the Apple event.
- Europe’s controversial overhaul of online copyright receives final approval (The Verge)
- HUAWEI’S P30 PRO IS A PHOTOGRAPHIC POWERHOUSE WITH A TINY NOTCH (The Verge)
- Uber announces $3.1 billion deal to buy Middle East rival Careem (CNBC)
- McDonald's is acquiring Dynamic Yield to create a more customized drive-thru (TechCrunch)
- Exclusive: First look at Apple’s new AirPods-like ‘Powerbeats Pro’ truly wireless sport headphones (9to5Mac)
- Very Brief Thoughts and Observations on Today’s ‘Show Time’ Apple Event (Daring Fireball)