The FTC comes down on Facebook, but is the new DOJ probe really what Silicon Valley should worry about? Cruise won’t be self-driving taxis in San Francisco this year, Snap really seems to be on the rebound, and is media piracy poised for a major comeback?
- U.S. government issues stunning rebuke, historic $5 billion fine against Facebook for repeated privacy violations (The Washington Post)
- Google launches Gallery Go, a lightweight alternative to Google Photos (The Verge)
- GM’s Cruise delays driverless taxi service, plans to build country’s largest EV fast charger station (Venture Beat)
- Snap shares surge as results smash estimates (CNBC)
- DoorDash CEO announces that now your tips will go to delivery workers (Engadget)
- PLEX MAKES PIRACY JUST ANOTHER STREAMING SERVICE (The Verge)
Here's something new for the RideHome audience. Attention investors, those thinking about investing and those long interested in the music business. A tightly held start-up in the Music Publishing space is looking for some investor love. Rocket Songs is changing the way musicians across the globe get their hands on professionally written songs. With songwriters that have written for:
• Chris Stapleton
• Kings of Leon
• top K-Pop acts
• And many others!
Up until now songs from these songwriters have been in a vault (literal and figurative) at Music Publishing Houses. But we're making them available in a state-of-the art marketplace. We are live. We are converting users and making money. But we need Seed Round money and we're not friends with any top VC or angel investors. So, if you want... to help disrupt the multi-billion dollar publishing industry, to help a start-up with a proven business model. Reach out! Email: InvestIn@RocketSongs.com and check out RocketSongs.com. But also, for serious investment inquiries: InvestIn@RocketSongs.com. Link in the show notes.