Uber says the California contractor law doesn’t apply to it because it is… checks notes… not technically in the ride hailing business, will France block Libra in the EU, dark mode comes to Slack, crowd-sourced answers come to Alexa, and, some news on the Fermi Paradox front.
- Uber argues its drivers aren’t core to its business, won’t reclassify them as employees (The Verge)
- FACEBOOK’S LIBRA CRYPTOCURRENCY WILL BE BLOCKED IN EUROPE, FRANCE SAYS (The Independent)
- Slack's desktop apps get dark mode options (Engadget)
- The FBI is investigating a venture capital fund started by Peter Thiel for financial misconduct (ReCode)
- Exclusive: Amazon will let anyone answer your Alexa questions now (Fast Company)
- Healthy.io raises $60 million to help patients complete urine tests on their phone (Venture Beat)
- An Exoplanet Like No Other Yet Found (The Atlantic)