Google and Apple suspend their programs where humans listen in on what you say to your voice assistant, Google will let Android users in Europe pick a search engine, Verizon tortures the very definition of words, Amazon dash buttons have an official end date, and the Weekend Longreads Suggestions.
- Apple suspends Siri response grading in response to privacy concerns (TechCrunch)
- Google will charge search providers to be the Android default in Europe (The Verge)
- Amazon is going to kill your Dash button (CNET)
- Verizon overhauls its ‘unlimited’ offerings with four new plans and $5 price cuts (The Verge)
Weekend Longreads Suggestions
- WHEN OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE COMES WITH A FEW CATCHES (Wired)
- Your Next iPhone Might Be Made in Vietnam. Thank the Trade War. (NYTimes)
- Late Night Dispatch: Tuca & Bertie versus The Algorithm (Julia Alexander)
- Where Everyone’s an Influencer (The Atlantic)
- America’s DIY Phone Farmers (Motherboard)
- What Happens When the World’s Population Stops Growing? (The Atlantic)
Tips tricks and commentary from the world of Cisco brought to you by the people that know it best. Conf T, or Configure Terminal for the newbies, is a bi-weekly podcast hosted by Cisco Systems Engineers where we discuss various Cisco technologies, best practices including Cisco Validated Designs, and overall commentary regarding Cisco and Technology in general. With new topics covered every two weeks across the entire Cisco portfolio, this is one of the best ways to keep up on everything Cisco. If you manage Cisco networks, be sure and subscribe to "Conf T with your SE" so you can stay up to date and informed. Conf T with your SE is available on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, and anywhere else fine podcasts are found.