Its Earnings Bonanza Day! Tesla, Facebook, Microsoft, Samsung… Facebook pays a record fine to Illinois, the Switch has outsold the SNES, three interesting Apple stories, Avast changes its business model and the new Fantastical app.
- Tesla’s record 2019 has bought it some breathing room (The Verge)
- We’re about to enter a world where Tesla is the cheaper electric car (Quartz)
- Facebook plunges, wiping out more than $50 billion in market value (CNBC)
- Xbox revenue falls 21% as Microsoft gears up for Xbox Series X debut (GeekWire)
- Samsung Posts Lower Profit, Anticipates End of Chip Slump (WSJ)
- Facebook to Pay $550 Million to Settle Facial Recognition Suit (NYTimes)
- Avast winds down Jumpshot, cites user data sale privacy concerns (ZDNet)
- Nintendo upgrades fiscal-year forecast as Switch hits 52.5 million consoles sold (VentureBeat)
- Apple Hires Key Netflix Engineer in Bid to Boost Subscription Services (WSJ)
- Apple Ends AI Startup’s Work on ‘Project Maven’ After Acquisition (The Information)
- Kuo: Apple to Launch AirTags, Small Charging Mat, New iPads and Macs, High-End Headphones, and More in First Half of 2020 (MacRumors)
- Say hello to the new Fantastical: one robust calendar for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac (9to5Mac)
Support Brian's work on the Techmeme Ride Home directly!
For just $5/month, you can subscribe to the ad-free Premium feed.
Full details at tech.supercast.tech
Thank you for your support of Brian and the Techmeme Ride Home!